Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Finally!! I-800a Mailed

Our agency mailed our I-800a today!  I don't know why it took so long. The homestudy had to be notarized to go with it.  Maybe it had something to do with that.  We have all of our documents ready for our dossier to be authenticated, except for the I800a. We are praying that our fingerprinting appointment will come soon, but not fall on a day when Bob is traveling on business and not during a time when Katey is in class. I don't know what we'll have to do if he is out of town when they assign our appointment. I'll be so happy when we get our dossier to Ch*na! The documents have been notarized. Now, we take them to the counties where the notaries are registered to get the notaries authenticated.  Then they go to the state to get the county clerks' seals authenticated.  After the state, they go to Hillary Clinton's office to get the Secretary of States' seals authenticated. After Hillary's office, they go to the Ch*nese Consulate to get authenticated. Crazy, huh?!
The agency advocate got our birth certificates, our marriage certificate, and our police checks state- authenticated for us, since they had to go to 3 different states.  We will send the documents altogether with a courier that the agency uses to get them done quickly in Washington.

1 comments:

Joel Bonner said...

Hello, Shan. I was talking to Katey and she told me about you guys' new developments. I thought I'd drop in and say hi and I think it's awesome how selfless you guys are to go back into parenting to impact someone's life. I pray that God will guide you through every step. I hope you are well.

-- Joel Bonner