Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Cade's 16th Birthday and Our One Month Forever Family Day Anniversary

October 6th was Cade's Sweet Sixteen birthday.  It was also the one month anniversary of when we got Raeanna in Shanghai.  Wow! What a month! 
Raeanna is such a joy. It's so awesome to see how God prepared her heart for us, and us for her. We've been "Mama" and " Baba" to her since the moment she first saw us, and she calls for us anytime she gets out of view. She has a pleasant little personality most of the time. She wants her whole family together, surrounding her, and when we're scattered in the house, she does a little "come here" motion with her fingers to us to get us where she wants us.  Is she bossy?  YES!  Is she demanding? YES! Does she mettle and plunder and make messes?  YESSS!  Is she sweet, adorable, loving, lovable and just plain precious?  YESSSSSS!  She's only been with us a month, and it seems like she's always been a part of our family.  She requires constant supervision, because she is like a 2 year old and no where near a 4 year old.  She holds her little arms straight out when she wants to be picked up.  Who can resist that?  Certainly not any of us. I'm tired, and my back hurts from lifting and carrying her.  After all, I'm old enough to be her grandmother.  But,  I wouldn't change a thing.  I would do it over in a heartbeat; without hesitation.  She is a very loved little girl.

I got a phone call from the nurse at the University of Kentucky International Adoption doctor with the results of the tests. I will receive the report sometime this week.  The nurse said that the renal ultrasound was normal,  her spine was normal, and her bloodwork was all normal. The bonescan of the growth plates indicated she is a little over 2 years, instead of 4.5 years old. I'll know more when I get the report.
We're going to a pediatric dentist tomorrow, and they're supposed to to do a dental age assessment.

Brett came home from Mississippi College last weekend for Fall Break.  At first, Raeanna wasn't too friendly, but then she got attached to him.  By Sunday,  I knew she was going to have a really hard time when he left.  I took him to the airport on Tuesday.  She was asleep when we got there, so she wasn't quite sure what to think, but as we walked back to the car, she started calling for him.  She calls him "du du" for ge ge.
She said it over and over again like a broken-record. When we started driving out of the parking garage, it got faster and louder.  I don't know if she thought I was leaving him behind or what.  As we entered the highway, she went to pieces!  She screamed and cried all the way to Cade's school, which was about 30 minutes away. She finally calmed down when Cade got in the car, but she still had the turned down mouth for a while. She skyped with Brett that  night, and I think that really helped. She wouldn't stop leaning over and kissing his face on the computer screen.  Really sweet!  She got upset the next day when we left Cade at school, but she's been okay with that since.

Raeanna still wants a lot on her plate, but she doesn't eat much of it.  She just wants to know it's there, in case she wants it.  She'd much rather it be on her plate than anyone elses.

We got the disposable cameras developed that I had sent to the orphanage. The children living in her group were all age 2 and under. She was very loving toward the children. In several pictures, she was hugging or had her arm around another child. There is one little girl in particular that I can't get off my heart.  She's in the pictures with Raeanna from December to July, and she always looks so sad.  She looks like she may be Russian and maybe Chinese mixed, but it's hard to tell. She and Raeanna were obviously friends, and they were always hugging. She may be in the process of being adopted, but I want to find out, and if she's not,  I want to help find her a family. I would love to be able to keep in touch with whoever adopts her for Raeanna and for her. I would adopt her myself if I thought it was the right thing to do, but I really feel like it would be better for someone else to adopt her, so I can focus on Raeanna and solving her health issues.

Some of the pictures I tried to post last time didn't upload, so I'll post them.


 



Boy, do I love my duh duh!
 

And Boy, do I love my other duh duh, Cade!





Looking out the China Hotel window at Guangzhou



Brett, trying to fasten the carseat!




Ready to leave the China Hotel and go to the airport to go home at 5:30am.


Sisters!





Waiting to go to the airport in the hotel lobby


Peacefully asleep in the lounge chair at home


Fish Soup in Guangzhou at a Cantonese/Portuguese Restaurant
Everyone sits at a big round table with a lazy susan.  One guy in our group ordered many dishes for everyone, and this was one of them.


0 comments: