Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

DTC!!!

DTC!!!  Dossier to Ch*na!!! My agency is sending out our dossier to Ch*na today!  FINALLY!  All the paperwork we have gathered and had notarized and authenticated is going to be on its way to Ch*na no later than in the morning, but most likely this afternoon! Now, we will wait for an LID or log-in date, which should be no later than April 7th or so, however, we probably won't find out about it for a few weeks. After LID, we will be officially waiting for LOA, which is Letter of Acceptance.  In the meantime, we will take the required 10 hours of adoption classes online. Also, we'll be getting things ready for Raeanna to come home and gathering what we'll need when we travel for her.

We're so excited to be that much closer to bringing Raeanna home! Brett will be back home soon, too!  He's landing in Jackson, MS on April 12th. I can't wait to have all of us under one roof, even if it's only for a brief time! I know there will always be at least one or maybe more of my children going here or there, but there will be times when we can all be together, and I will always cherish those times.

UPDATE:  I just got an email from the agency, saying that it would not go out until Thursday because of the Ch*na facilitator or something, so I guess we won't be officially DTC until April 1st.

3 comments:

Mom to 5 bugs said...

Shan,
Don't be too upset if your LID takes a little longer than you think. Usually it's between 10 and 14 days from DTC to LID. And, you'll need to ask the agency when your LID is. They didn't bother to email and tell me when ours was. We were DTC 2/23 and LID 3/5
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Great news, guys.
- Jon

Shan said...

Hi Melissa,
Everything seems to take longer than it's supposed to take in this process, so I've learned not to get too upset. I've found if I don't email the agency, then I don't get any information, so I probably bug them too much.
Your LOA should be coming soon! Congratulations on that!
Shan