Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Delays :(

On this adoption journey,  there are so many micro-steps that must be completed for everything to keep moving forward.  One little glitch can delay things by weeks or even longer.  We've hit one of those little glitches.  Our documentation was supposed to be delivered in China to the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou on July 12th and be picked up on July 26th to submit to the Chinese officials for travel approval. Something kept nagging at me that I had better check on it, so I finally did.  I didn't want to be a pest.  I wish now I had listened to that little voice and emailed them sooner. They emailed me back to say it wasn't there and that I needed to check with my agency for a receipt. Our agency guy checked on it.  Of course, given the fact that China is exactly 12 hours ahead of us, it takes time.  It turned out that he had forgotten to email our NVC letter to the agency rep in China and so the China rep was waiting for that still. We lost 10 days! : ( .  At least, he was honest about it, and apologized.  I forgive him, but I'm still sad. I'm glad I checked on it before it didn't show up on the 26th, but I wish I had not worried about not trusting them and checked on it first thing. What's done is done.  It is what it is.  God is in control of when we'll go. I know this, so I will not fret! I will be checking to make sure it's delivered on Thursday. I still think we'll go in September.

1 comments:

Hoots Momma said...

Shan, I am so glad I found you. I'll have to tell you about that later. we just filed our I-800A and were waiting on the reciept notice. our agency won't permit us to lock a file until we are USCIS approved. We have a little one we want to bring home so we are patiently waiting. I love your blog and you have been very informative. I'd love to visit ssolamb@comcast.net