Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, July 2, 2010

One Step Closer! I-800 Approval

Last week, I went to a "pre-travel" meeting at our adoption agency.  We discussed the process to get our visas to travel to China.  We went over the trip and various aspects of paperwork and things to take and do while there. It was interesting and fun to plan. The travel person at the agency gave us a tentative travel date of Oct. 7th, which was better than the November timeframe he had given us a few weeks ago, but I still believe we will travel no later than September.  We received our USCIS I800 approval yesterday.  It was dated 06/28/10.  Hopefully, our letter from the National Visa Center will come in just a few days. These are steps allowing Raeanna to travel here. Once the NVC letter gets here, I'll email that to the agency, and they'll email it to China, where a person that works for them there, will take it to the American Consulate in Guangzhou. It will be there for 2 weeks, and then we'll be issued Article 5.  After we have Article 5, we wait for our Travel Approval, and we'll be on our way as soon as everything can be arranged.

Since we have I800, I think we might get our TA no later than mid-August.  If things go on the faster side, we could have it by the end of July, which means we could go in August. Wouldn't that be awesome?!  The travel guy doesn't think that will happen, but I'm praying it does!  According to the charts on China Adopt Talk's forum,  many people are getting their TAs in just that timeframe. Please pray with me that we do, too!
We are soooo anxious to get our little one home!!!!

0 comments: