Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Testing Email Posting and Our CA Appointment

First, I apologize for leaving everyone hanging. I've been in panic mode since I found out last Thursday that we will be leaving on Saturday, September 4th. So much to do!!!
Our Consulate appointment is September 14th.  Several people wrote to their congressman and got the US Consulate in Guangzhou to open up more September appointments, so that people could travel in September, rather than when the Chinese holidays begin at the end of September through November. We'll be flying straight to Shanghai. We'll leave Louisville at 6:00am September 4th, go through Chicago, and arrive in Shanghai at 1:55pm on Sunday,September 5th. Our "gotcha" day or "forever family" day will be Monday, September 6th!  I'm working on a way to update the blog everyday with posts and pictures, since blogs are blocked in China.

Please pray for Raeanna.  Even though it's an orphanage, it's all she knows.  She is being prepared for us, but we're still strangers to her, who look and talk differently. I can only imagine how frightening it must be to be handed to people you've never met that are so different from the people you know.

I'm trying to send this post through email to see if it works, so bear with me.  I'm going to try to update later in the week, also.

Thanks so much for the prayers.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Still praying for your family! 3 more days until you're on your way to Miss Raeanna!!