Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

Praising God!

We went to a church service on Sunday at the Shamian Island Christ Church. I can't even put into words how awesome it was to see Chinese people praising our Lord and Savior.  It was a Chinese/English service.  We sang a Chinese praise song, and then an English one, and back and forth. One Chinese man had his hands raised and tears streaming during the music. It was such a heartwarming experience.  We are 7000 miles away from home, yet we sang the same songs we sing in our church.

YOU ARE MY ALL AND ALL
You are my strength when I am weak

You are the treasure that I seek
You are my all in all
Seeking You as a precious jewel
Lord, to give up I'd be a fool
You are my all in all

You know the rest of the song.

The other English song we sang was:
 Knowing You, Jesus
All I once held dear built my life upon

All this world reveres, and wars to own
All I once thought gain I have counted loss
Spent and worthless now, compared to this

Knowing you, Jesus knowing you
There is no greater thing
You're my all you're the best
You're my joy, my righteousness
And I love you  ,Lord.

Other than getting our daughter, that was one of the most memorable things we've experienced so far.

We would like to thank all who prayed for Raeanna's TB test results.  We found out today that they were negative. The guide thought she might be having a positive reaction due to the fact that she has had a TB vaccination, so she would have antibodies to it. We are praising God that it was negative.

Raeanna is so precious to us. She's amazingly sweet and sassy, as Cade says,  all at the same time. She still wants her food and all of ours too in her plate.  She is doing a little better with the food issue.  I really don't know how she eats so much.  She's such a tiny little girl, but she can out eat all of us. I tried to post a video we took today of her eating noodles with chopsticks, but my VPN keeps on disconnecting. I'll try again in the morning. The Chinese people in the restaurant thought she was so hilarious.

Our Consulate appointment is tomorrow. In just a few more days, we can head home!

3 comments:

Hoots Momma said...

I can't wait to worship in China!!@! So happy for you all!

Beverly Garcia said...

Wonder if this was Raeanna's first experience at worship or did they bring they bring the children to church? What a wonderful addition to your journal! You really praised The Almighty with the church universal that day! :o)

Unknown said...

PRAISE BE TO GOD FOR HIS INDESCRIBABLE GIFT!!!!