Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, September 5, 2010

We're in China!

We got here yesterday.  We were so exhausted!  I didn't go to sleep on Friday night because we had to leave for the airport at 3:30am, and I had so much to do that I couldn't sleep anyway. We slept on and off on the plane. It's 3:30am here now, and you'd think I could sleep, but no.  It's supposed to be 3:30pm. We leave to get Raeanna in 5 hours, so I'm a little excited about that too.

The internet is very expensive here.  Last night, we couldn't get anything to work, but I finally figured out this VPN thing this morning. I tried to call to let family know we made it, but it wouldn't work.  I hope you got my email. We're staying on the North Bund, which isn't convenient to tourist areas or shopping, but with the World Expo, the prices are really steep.  It's a nice hotel, and many speak English, but not so good, so it's really hard to figure things out.

I'll update as soon as I can tonight. We didn't get to go buy a stroller or anything, just water yesterday, so we'll be doing all of that this afternoon. Stay tuned....


7 comments:

Beverly Garcia said...

AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see pictures. Love you!

MississippiZen said...

So glad to hear that you made it!!!!!!! I'll be waiting to see her in your arms!!!! If you need anything, I'm on skype under creel14.

Jen said...

Yay! So glad you had a safe trip. Can't wait to see pictures of you with your sweet girl.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know that neither Derek nor I got emails. Haven't talked to your parents, so don't know if they did either. It's almost eleven pm here... so I am guessing you are either headed to or at the orphanage? Cannot wait to see pics! Added you on Skype... can you get that to work from there? Love you all! XOXO

Unknown said...

Just checking in this morning. Thinking surely she is in your arms by now! We'll check back again later. XOXO

Hoots Momma said...

Praying for you guys!!! Can't wait to see your family complete!!!

Chris B said...

Hi! Just discovered your blog on the Shanghai Yahoo Group. We've just sent in our LOI on a little girl from Shanghai ourselves, so hopefully we'll be experiencing a similar journey soon. We'll be following!

Chris B.