Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, December 13, 2009

1st Homestudy Visit

Our first visit from our homestudy social worker went well.  We showed her the house and gave her the information she needed about the room  that will be Raeanna's bedroom. We signed a few forms and went over the other forms we'll need.  Bob and I both have to write an autobiography and email it to her by Thursday.  I always gave my World History students an assignment on the first day of school. They were supposed to write an autobiography, and write about their influences, and where they hoped the future would take them. The table has turned!  It's my turn now!  It's hard to write about yourself!

The night before the homestudy, I was finishing the dishes and I looked down to see suds pouring at my feet on the floor.  I screamed for Bob to come help me, and we cleaned up the floor and emptied the cabinet under the sink to clean it. Then, we realized water was pouring from the other side and had reached the carpet.The drain pipe was loose.  At 11:00, the night before the homestudy,  we had to pull up the carpet and cut out the padding. We dried the carpet with fans overnight.  Bob ran to the store to get padding the next morning, and we had it all fixed by the time the social worker arrived at 11:00am the next day. Phew!! She never even knew it happened; not that it would've really mattered anyway. I guess we just had to have a little extra excitement!

I'll be gathering lots of paperwork, after I get the autobiography done. We will need child abuse clearances from every state we've lived in since the age of 18.  Katey will also need them, since she's here often. We'll need reference letters and proof of just about everything.  We'll get some of it done while we're in Mississippi over the holidays, such as bank letters and proof of accounts. I will also be mailing a care package to Raeanna, as soon as the photo book I ordered gets here.  I'll post later with a picture of what's in the package.
Please keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

alander said...

hey mrs barlow!!!!
this is Angela (Duncan) Lander
You taught me in high school and i graduated with brett. I just wanted to say how amazed i am by you and your family. I cant tell you how encouraging you were and still are to me! Thank you for everything that you have done. I love reading your posts and will continue to keep reading and praying for you and your family =]


God Bless


Love Angela Lander

Shan said...

Hey Angela! What a great surprise to hear from you, and thank you for such a sweet comment! I'll never forget that extra ticket you gave us at graduation. You can't imagine how much that meant to me! You're a sweet, precious young lady! Tell Scott hello from me. I'm glad to know that you'll be keeping up with us and most of all that you'll be praying for us. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!