Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our First Care Package to Raeanna!

We were finally able to send Raeanna her first care package.  We were waiting on the photo book. It took 2 weeks longer than it was supposed to take to get here, so it delayed us.  The US Post Office said it would be there by December 28th.  I wanted it there by Christmas, but I didn't want to send it without the pictures. It has the photo book, backpack, a My Little Pony toy, a little doll, a card with a picture of us and my voice recorded on it, 2 cameras for them to take pictures of her, a blanket, a little blanket bear, cookies, candy for her and the nannies, crayons & coloring books, and animal crackers for the other children. I hope they take pictures of her getting it. 
We also had our 2 homestudy visit today. 
Today, all 5 of us were interviewed by the social worker.  Now, we're off to the mall to experience all of the hustle and bustle.


2 comments:

MississippiZen said...

What a beautiful care package! Those nannies will know how loved she is when they open it for her. She is just a precious little girl and I can't wait to follow your journey :)

Michael said...

Mrs. Barlow, I am so excited for you! It is truly a blessing to be so close to someone who is taking this on. I found Brett's link to this page on facebook today, and read through the whole thing, and will be checking back regularly. I can't wait to meet her, but can't imagine the level of anticipation over at your house.

Well, I assume I'll be seeing quite a bit of you when you are here for Christmas, so we will talk then--until that time, I'll continue to pray for you and this process!