Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

God's Voice

         Several things happened last week that took my breath away. I had been praying for a long time that if God wanted us to do this, He would show us, and many things happened that seem to lead in that direction. Last week we had gotten word that we would only be allowed to adopt a hard to place child. We had been looking at a little girl who seemed to have so many problems, and I just wasn't sure if we could handle them. I prayed fervently that the Lord would make it clear to me that we are supposed to try to adopt her. That day and the next, a series of events happened that made it really clear.
           I called a local pediatrician who had done Cade's school physical.  The nurse told me to email the file and he would look at it and call that night. Oldham County is a conservative county with great people.  You would think most are Christians, but the truth is, most are not.  The doctor called me that night and told me that he saw no reason in her files that we should not adopt her. He didn't know that I am a Christian, but as if God were talking through him, he started telling me how she wouldn't be on my heart if God had not put her there.  I can't remember all he said, but he used scripture and spoke about God's will, and it was just plain amazing to me. 
         I went to look on yahoo groups for some information on her special needs, and a group popped up when I searched.  I couldn't join it because it required that you already have a child with the need to join, but it said you could email the moderator. To my amazement, when I clicked on her name, the name of my small hometown in Mississippi came up.  Now, what are the chances,  in the whole world wide web, that this would happen?! I emailed her and she gave me her phone number to call. We talked and she told me about her daughter's situation and how it was the worst case scenario, but it was manageable.  Then she gave me the name of her doctor and told me that he is the premier doctor for children with this problem.  Where is he located?  75 miles from my home!!! People travel from everywhere to see him.  She also told me to email him, and he would get right back to me. I sent him the files, and he called me from his car phone in 10 minutes. He was so reassuring and eased most of my concerns.  Once again, I was amazed.
         I called my husband.. He said to call the agency and tell them we want to adopt her.  I called.  He wasn't very encouraging.  He said that he had tried to tell Ch*na her needs were serious, but they only see her as a pretty little girl. He said they may not consider her needs serious enough, but he would try. That was Thursday. It's been a week now, and we still haven't heard.  I will call tomorrow I think.  We continue to pray that if it is God's will, it will happen.

0 comments: